A Chronicle of My Adventures on "The Patriot"

Fortitudine Vincimus -- "By Endurance We Conquer"
ride hard, ride far, ride safe


Friday, June 18, 2010

The Adventure Begins!

Going off grid. I am going off grid tonight, meaning this is my last blog until I return home on July 5 and that I do not intend on blogging, tweeting, emailing, stargazing, or anything else during my trip so that I can keep the wheels rolling. If I am not moving or sleeping, I am wasting time. I have my E-Z Pass at the ready, and I have my SPOT Personal Tracker (http://www.findmespot.com/en/) and a waterproof, shockproof camera mounted with a RAM clutch reservoir base mount. These two devices will help record my adventure.  You can track my progress at: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=5667.




Last minute thoughts. The route is tried and tested – it is a modified version of Ron Ayres record-breaking route. And this website mirrors that of Gregg Lenentine who created a similar blog linked to Jason Jonas' SpotWalla for his May 2010, 48 States ride. These blogs and SpotWalla make it really easy for everyone to track our adventures. I will keep the URL for my SpotWalla blog to the top left of this website so that everyone can easily click on it and watch my tracks across our great nation. My odometer reading as I depart Stafford, Virginia on Saturday, June 19 is 19,378 miles.

Again, my primary goal is for rider and trike to return home to Stafford, Virginia safely without injury, damage, or speeding ticket. But really, what is the whole point of the ride if it is not my best effort? He tan, he epi tas!

1 comment: